NDR Service Operations Coordinator
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 099|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Ocassional travel within the UK
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||17 May 2019|
|Anticipated interview date:||End May|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks a Service Operations Coordinator for the recently launched National Data Repository (NDR) to serve as the primary point of contact for all matters relating to day-to-day operations and services, while supporting the development of enhancements and replacements to existing services.
The role reports to the NDR Manager and will work closely with related teams in Information Services across the Corporate directorate. The NDR Service Operations Coordinator will frequently work with external users of the NDR, including petroleum licensees, wider industry users, academia, other public users and NDR service providers.
The NDR Service Operations Coordinator will contribute to the OGA’s transformation of NDR technology and services while ensuring that core services are maintained and effectively transitioned with the introduction of new technology and working practices.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Primary point of contact for day-to-day service operations of the NDR and service contract
- Formalise NDR operational procedures, identifying interdependencies, dependencies on other OGA systems or external services.
- Troubleshooting issues arising from integration of the NDR and other OGA systems
- Advising external NDR users on day-to-day operational matters and related enquiries
- Oversee external stakeholder access to the NDR, ensuring that all current and former organisation with obligations to use the system have appropriate access
- Oversee internal OGA user access to the NDR, ensuring role-appropriate access and general account maintenance
- Review and authorise requests to upload certain information to the NDR in conjunction with OGA IS team colleagues
- Assist the NDR Manager in organising and running forums and events with internal and external participants
- Overseeing and approving the management of changes (MoC) to services delivered in support of the NDR
- Oversee small projects in relation to the development of the NDR system or data collection
- Report on system usage, KPI’s, SLA’s and user feedback to OGA teams and the NDR Advisory Committee
The immediate priorities for the NDR Service Operations Coordinator are:
- Establish and formalise required NDR operational standard and procedures
- Oversee daily operations of the NDR service contract and related projects
- Assist in defining the functional requirements for a future NDR service
- Competence 1: Managing a Quality Service - Takes into account the diverse needs and requirements of customers; Plan, manage and organise time effectively to deliver high quality services.
- Competence 2: Building Capability for All - Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff - able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand.
- Competence 3: Changing and Improving - Open to change and can communicate the need for it; Encourages a culture of innovation and sharing.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Qualified in ITIL Service Management or an equivalent qualification with demonstrated relevant experience
• Experience in delivery or receipt of service contracts and suppliers
• Experience in defining and implementing operational procedures
• Strong working knowledge of primary petroleum-related data types
• Highly motivated with ability to act on own initiative
|• A Level/Highers in geoscience, IT, or relevant upstream petroleum industry experience
• Operating knowledge of petroleum related information regulations
• Knowledge of the UK offshore petroleum licensing regime
• Experience of use of reporting tools and preparation of operational reports
• Experience the Management of Change in service management context
• Good general knowledge of IT systems and their use in Information Management
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Inclusion and Diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We have also been awarded silver accreditation for the Gender Diversity Benchmark through Business in the Community, The Prince’s Responsible Business Network. In addition, we are signed up to their Race at Work Charter and implement its five principles.