Recruitment and Learning Lead
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 083|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
some regular travel to the London office
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||18 Jan 2019|
|Anticipated interview date:||Early February 2019|
Brief overview of role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small and passionate HR team working at the heart of a dynamic, forward-looking and fast moving organisation. The Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) is the UK’s Oil and Gas regulator with a responsibility to regulate, promote and influence this vital UK sector which accounts for nearly 300,000 UK jobs. The role will be expected to deliver an effective recruitment experience for candidates, working with HR and line colleagues to find and recruit great talent for the OGA. In addition to this, the role will be the focal point for ensuring the career development proposition offered to OGA staff is the very best it can be – delivering one of the central pillars of our commitment to create and maintain a “great place to work”.
The role is primarily full-time but we would consider reduced hours or job share.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
The OGA is seeking a Recruitment & Learning Lead responsible both for the dual processes of recruitment and of learning and development.
This newly created role will have the freedom to change how the OGA advertises, promotes and fills all of its vacancies, with an encouragement to identify strongly with the organisation’s external branding and communications efforts. This work may include new digital considerations, enhanced use of video and case study materials as well as ensuring that we do all we can to ensure the best talent – regardless of gender, disability, race, sexuality – wants to join the OGA.
As part of our commitment to a “great place to work” there is already significant work in place looking at coaching and development, supporting technical and professional training but we believe we can do more and do it smarter – what we’re looking for is someone with real experience in development to join and take this forward.
As is essential in a small (six person) HR team, it is expected that this role will also be a full part of the function, including contributing to broader HR issues and projects. It is envisaged that outside of the two main areas of responsibility, not least due to the potentially project-based nature of both recruitment and L&D, this role will take on other core HR responsibilities alongside the rest of the team.
The successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Manage the recruitment process for all OGA vacancies (estimated for 2019 to be in the region of 25-40) including candidate management, interviewing and working with line managers to deliver the right outcome
- Revisit and reshape the OGA’s recruitment brand, messaging and processes to ensure they’re the best we can make them
- Work together with our lead on diversity and inclusion to review the OGA’s recruitment approach and processes
- Work closely with executive search firms (two firms recently appointed as preferred suppliers)
- Lead the OGA’s learning and development activities, supporting the OGA’s staff as they develop their careers and meet our commitment to create a “great place to work”
- Work closely with discipline experts to develop a series of interventions to build the OGA’s capabilities in core areas including digital and regulatory excellence
- Partner with external providers, coaches and others to be the visible leader for learning and development within the OGA
- Refresh and promote the suite of career and learning development interventions and resources available for OGA staff
- Take an active role as a member of the HR team, providing insight, advice, challenge and support to colleagues on all HR issues including specific projects where applicable.
The role is perfect for someone who wants to play a role in supporting a vital UK industry, believes in delivering a great place to work and sees the value that honest, authentic and practical HR practices can bring to an organisation.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be a rounded and credible HR professional who has the ability to deliver both recruitment and L&D whilst also being able to step in and draw on a broad range of HR experience.
The role is based in Aberdeen and the successful candidate will report directly to the Director of HR & Supply Chain. We value equality and diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sectors of society.
The role would require regular travel to the OGA’s London offices
- Competence 1: Collaborating and Partnering - Working collaboratively, sharing information appropriately and building supportive, trusting and professional relationships with colleagues and a wide range of people within and outside the OGA, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Competence 2: Making Effective Decisions - Using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice.
- Competence 3: Leading and Communicating - Communicating purpose and direction with clarity, integrity, and enthusiasm. It’s about championing difference and external experience, and supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all. It is also about being visible, establishing a strong direction; managing and engaging with people in a straightforward and truthful way.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Significant generalist HR experience
• Experience of working with external candidates and with external recruitment partners
• Experience of supporting individuals with their professional and personal development
• Experience of advising senior leadership and staff, including being willing and able to say no when necessary
• Strong ethos of team working
|• Understanding and/or experience of the oil and gas industry.
• Experience of recruiting for, and supporting staff in, specialist professional organisations
• Supporting staff in multiple sites
• Experience working in public sector or regulatory environment.
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer.