National Data Repository (NDR)
Early in 2019 the OGA will launch the United Kingdom’s first offshore Oil and Gas National Data Repository for petroleum-related information and samples (NDR). The NDR will be a key piece of the UK’s digital infrastructure.
All offshore petroleum licensees and owners / operators of offshore infrastructure will have access to the NDR to facilitate their reporting obligations to the OGA. The OGA may use the NDR to disclose reported information to any registered user, subject to statutory confidentiality periods.
The NDR will address many industry and regulatory needs – including:
- Ensuring enduring regulatory access to critical petroleum-related information and samples
- Enabling the retention and reporting obligations of relevant persons to be discharged
- Enabling the disclosure of petroleum-related information by the OGA
- Facilitating collaborative data interchange between relevant persons, the broader oil and gas industry, academia, and the regulator to encourage economic activity
- Ensuring that maximum value is derived from petroleum-related information by ensuring the widest possible transparent access
- Ensuring the sustainable curation of petroleum-related information and samples
Registered users will be able to search, view and download disclosed information free of charge or order data for delivery on media on a cost reflective basis.
By ensuring that industry, academia and the wider public have ready access to timely and transparent data the OGA is working to create the conditions for the investment and innovation necessary to Maximise Economic Recovery.
Latest News on the NDR
If you would like to receive updates by email on matters relating to the UK National Data Repository for offshore petroleum-related information and samples, please advise us at email@example.com with the subject “subscribe”.
The OGA’s policy on handling personal information is available here.